Good news and bad news:
- Good: Fortunately, I happened to have two yards of this batik that will blend beautifully with the front of my quilt. I will be able to use the thread colors I want and still have them blend with the backing.
- Bad: This appears to be the only piece of fabric in my enormous fabric stash that I did not pre-wash. It is now lounging in the washer with our towels.
- Good: I don't need to take a trip to the fabric store tomorrow to look for backing fabric.
- Bad: I have to wait on the washer and dryer before I can use it.
- Good: I get my towels done at the same time, so I save some water.
- Bad: I will not be able to sew on this today as I will need to start getting ready for the upcoming work week.
- Good: I have Friday off and can spend most of the day getting this underway.
On the upside, we got Starbucks treat receipts today and I had my Java Chip. Life is good.
So, how's your weekend going?