- what you have made?
- what you have sold?
- what galleries or shows you have submitted work to?
At one time I was considering writing my own crude program to track my art quilts and the shows or galleries where I was sending them. I had mapped out the information that I wanted to include and how I was going to link everything in the database program. Then I started thinking about the hours and weeks it would probably take to get it written. I am so glad I decided to do some research first to find out if there was a program that already existed that would do everything I wanted.
I found a great program called Artwork Tracker. There is also an Apple/iOS version of this software. It is easy to use, reasonably priced and the publisher/creator is very responsive to questions if you cannot find help in the FAQ section or help files. There is also an app available to transfer your information to your phone or tablet so you can take the information with you if needed.
Like me, I am sure most of you have all your photos, full and detailed, along with descriptions squirreled away on your computer. It is a simple matter of pasting text into the appropriate areas and attaching your photos to the gallery area. What else do you have to do while you are at home during this time of quarantine? Lets get productive and organized and all ready for when all the shows start opening back up!
You can download a trial version but there are limits on it. The download version initially runs in an unregistered trial mode, limited to 5 artworks with 5 photos each, 5 clients, and 5 submissions. It will also only allow a single database window, and database import is disabled. The pricing for the full product is reasonable and any information you entered will be carried into the purchased software.
The current pricing for the PC and Apple versions is $14.99. A very good deal.
Do you have a favorite program to track your art? If so, leave a comment below of what it is and why you like it.
- Sort artworks by title, artist or status, sort clients by name or status, and sort submissions by date or status.
- View total income earned for each artwork.
- View the submission history for each artwork or client, sorted by date.
- Clients approaching deadline are highlighted with a tinted background on the client list.
- Past due submissions are highlighted with a tinted background on the submission list.
- Review statistics for your collection.
- Saves changes automatically.
- Print artwork, client, or submission lists, or information for a particular artwork, client, or submission.