- Always carry a sketchbook to capture ideas.
- Leave your machine ready to go. A full bobbin, threaded, new needle if required, etc.
- Sew at least 2 times during the work week.
- If you have 15 minutes, use it to sew, cut, or design.
- Take the art to work if possible to study during breaks or lunch for design or stitching issues.
- Take your machine in for regular tune ups (make friends with and support your local shop).
- Have a back up machine if possible if you work to show or exhibit deadlines.
- Keep up on other blogger's tips and tricks. You may learn some new streamlining ideas.
I am currently on a deadline of 4 weeks to get a quilt done. Wish me luck! I start quilting on it today.